Monday, November 28, 2005

A Day At the Goodward Races

When I was down at Surrey, England with my best friend Janine, I was taken to the final race day of the season at the Goodward Races. A fantastic day was had by all, and the Goodward Track would have to be one of the most scenic racecourses I have ever seen.
















This cute little fella decided to take a dump just as I lined up the shot of the man on the fancy horse.







Given the recent legislation changes to hunting with dogs, there was a "protest" of sorts by the local hunters at the racetrack. The country folk are quite upset at the new laws, because they now have all of these cute little hunting dogs which cant really survive unless they are in packs (hence the name "pack hounds"). I dont know what is sadder - the fact that a lot of these dogs now have to be destroyed, or the fact that if they left these dogs to hunt, they brutally tear apart foxes, leaving them for dead. Quite a tough one.




































1 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

Any animal I photograph always seems to decide to have a dump at the same time. I went through a phase in life when this was the case. is there anything wrong with me? te he!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home