Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Doldrums


Its happened. Finally. I have received my first blog complaint by a reader. Now that I am reaching the masses with my endless dribble as KateOnTheGo, I have a moral responsibility to listen to the complaints and see what I can do about them.
.
I have been informed by my very loyal (and much loved) blogmate "I Have A Boat" (or MissManners or IAmACrazyGirl or whatever her choice of name is on the day), that my blog is beginning to look like www.hotmommadrama.blogspot.com (another one of my favourite blogs).
.
Its true. Lately, my blog has looked like a blogsite dedicated to celebrities and other nonsensical rubbish. Rather than push people to question their views on things in life, to consider the big world issues, I've been lazy and have been using other people's identities to keep you all amused.
.
Well, I am making a committment to my readers to make more of an effort with my entries. You see, lately, I have been in "the Doldrums." This is a boating connotation (seeing I am keeping with "i have a boat's" theme), for all of you who arent aware of The Doldrums. Its when you have a boat, with its sails ready to go, yet there is no wind.
.
At the moment, I have no wind.
.
Well, okay, maybe that wasnt the best way to put it. Rather, I feel like I have worn myself intellectually out. he he he. Its gotten to a point where I dont have enough wind in my sails to pull myself forward. Dont get me wrong, I am extremely happy each day. I whistle on my way to my temp job. I whistle on my way home. I smell fresh air and each morning, I thank the Lord (and Buddha etc) that I am alive.
.
But I am in the Doldrums. I have a destination, I can see it ahead, yet its just a matter of waiting for the wind to pick up so that I can keep going on my journing. In other words, I am waiting for the next couple of weeks to pass me by. There is only three weeks until I leave. Its becoming a nervous wait, I tell you.
.
So I wholeheartedly apologise for my blogging laziness and promise to pick up my act.
.
But I've added a picture of my gorgeous cat (another celebrity of this site) just for those who need their celebrity fix for the day.
.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cacophony said...

limbo i believe is another term for what you are experiencing. don't focus too much on the destination ahead, you'll miss everything on the side of the road, while getting there.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home