Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Feeling Loved

I remember once my friend Maria at www.ihaveaboat.blogspot.com blogged about how loved she felt whenever she received a Nigerian scam letter. Having never received one before, numerous questions entered my head.
.
Why had I not received a Nigerian scam letter?
..
Does my email address give off the impression I am unable to be conned out of my money?
.
Why havent they at least tried to con me out of my cash?
.
Well, I finally received one.
.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friend [ooooh! I am their friend!!!!],

It is with heart full of hope that I write to seek your help in thecontext below.I am Mrs. Mariam Abacha the wife of the former Nigerian Head of State Late General Sani Abacha,whose sudden death occurred on 8th June 1998.

Having got your particulars from the family library [Wow!!! I'm known in Nigeria!], I have no doubt about your capacity and goodwill to assist me in receiving into your custody (for safety) the sum of US$25million Willed and deposited in my favour by my late husband [of course I will look after your money!]. This money is currently kept in a Finance & Securities Company in Europe. As it is legally required, the administration of my late husband property is under the authority of the family Lawyer [well, if they have a lawyer involved, of course it is fully legitimate].

However, the new democratic government has on assumption of office set up a panel of enquiry to probe the financial activities of my late husband (former head of state) with a decision to freeze all his Assets respectively. [bugger!] The investigation team has submitted their report;presently some cashand assets have been frozen and seized.

Fortunately, our family lawyer had secretly protected the personal will of my husband from the notice of investigators and have strictly advised that the willed money be urgently moved into an overseas account of trusted foreign friend without delay, for security reasons [what a great idea!!!!].

The government had earlier placed foreign travel embargo on all our family members and seized all known local and international business outlet belonging to my late husband.The situation has been so terrible that we are virtually living on theassistance of well wishers.

In view of this plight therefore, I expect you to be trustworthy and kind enough to respond to this call [trustworthy and kind? I'm your girl....].I hereby agree to compensate your sincere and candid effort in thisregard with 25% of the fund when finally received by you. The attorney has perfected arrangements with the securities and financefirm to effect complete dislodgment of this money to you within a week of the receipt of your response. They have equally guaranteed 100% risk-free and smooth transfer to you if you so request.Please send down the following information as you respond to this SOSmessage:

1.Your private telephone and fax numbers for prompt access. Do includeyour mobile phone number also.
2.Your full names and address.

As I look forward to your response , may you remain blessed abundantly.

Warmest regards

MRS. MARIAM ABACHA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who are they trying to kid?
.
Well, apparently there are people throughout the world that are actually falling for these tricks!
.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-2-7/37873.html
.

1 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

Some business friends of mine actually met who they were told was the Nigerian Finance minister, at the Savoy hotel in London with his entourage. They recieved a bankers draft for countless millions, and even checked out the existance of the account at the bank on Nigeria, the scam was. "Oh could you let us have a check for say £600,000, for the tax" (in exchange for the so called authorised bankers draft). Fortunately they didn`t and insisted presenting the bankers draft which of course wasn`t honored. They had a very near miss because the third signatory of the check for that amount refused to sign and asked all the right questions. Even to this day the two directors still think the were doing the right thing. Oh the Nigerians dissapeared within minutes of the aborted transaction!

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home