Thursday, May 11, 2006

Landing On My Feet

I remember when I was contemplating moving overseas, someone said to me "it doesnt matter what you choose to do, whatever happens, you will fall on your own feet." At that stage, it didnt matter how many times that person said it, there was always that tiny voice in the back of my head saying "but what if I dont?".

The prospect of not falling on my feet now seems outrageous. I have well and truly fallen on my feet, landing in Edinburgh with one big massive "thud". It seems that I have landed on my feet to such an extent, my feet are well and truly entrenched in the green grass of the Edinburgh fields.

The best news is that I finally have a place to stay. I dont move in until the 19th of May, but when I do, I will feel a lot better. I am not really getting that much sleep at the hostel, due to the noise and regular comings and (drunken) goings, but I suppose I get what I pay for. I will be living more or less right in the heart of the city, near the Theatre area, with three English people aged 25 years. They are relaxed, sensible (??!) people who I know I will get along with. The most important thing is that they also have a wee little cat, called Uma (named Uma Thurman, after the actress). I will send photos of the place, as well as the cat, shortly.

Anyway, work is coming along nicely and so is the social life. I have been out playing touch football for RBS, I have the hockey season beginning soon, plus many more activities in the pipeline to keep me amused!

Will write more shortly, but in the meantime, keep enjoying the photos. You guys are slowly but surely convincing me to do something with them... but its just a matter of working out exactly what to do with them, and how!

Kisses for all,

K

3 Comments:

Blogger Overboard said...

I am telling you now - I would bloody comment so much on your blog, every friggin time i look at it, if only you got rid of friggin word verif. I hate not being able to comment coz of you friggin wv

1:23 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Teehee - I don't think anyone, no matter how thick, could ever doubt that Maria hates WV!! I can just imagine what she thinks of WV doubled up w/Comment Moderation (probably why you never comment at my blog, eh Maria? teeheeheehee). 'Tis OK - we know you love us!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

BTW, Kate - I always knew you'd land on your feet - and doing exactly what you wanted to be doing to boot - but I do understand that it didn't matter how many of us knew it; it only mattered once you knew it too!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home