Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Room With A View!

Okay, admittedly, its a view of a courtyard with a swamp-like patch of grass but I love it. I love it because it is my very own little piece of space in Edinburgh and its a place I can hang my hat each day and finally call home.

I didnt even bother packing things away from the hostel. I just found a load of plastic bags, systematically shoved every piece of clothing, every shoe, every bit of food left in my designated space in the hostel kitchen, and then loaded all of the plastic bags into a taxi and said "get me out of here". I didnt look back.

I then fell asleep to the sound of my own breath (mixed in with the odd meow from Uma, the cat, who's taken a liking to my new duvet cover). I didnt wake up once through the night - the first sleep of this kind in probably two months. Then yesterday, I had a hot bath, and then just lazed around all day, reading, watching TV (for the first time in ages) and generally being a lump.

Ah, domestic bliss.

Some more good news is that I think I will be doing a flying visit back to Australia in November. Its something I cant confirm just yet, but things are looking good (it helps when your new flatmate is a travel agent in an Australian Tourism agency and she has got a good deal). I am not sure if it will be two weeks or one month but the main thing is that I will get to see my family again, squeeze the life out of my fluffy cat Tiggsie, and most importantly, give my darling Charlotte a huge kiss.

Woohoo! Life is great.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!! Can't wait! And isn't it a quilt??? ;)

2:43 AM  
Blogger Oreo said...

u can see me too! hehe

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be great!!!

Ill meet you at the local for one huge gossip session :)

Luv ya!!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Bring me back a cow with butterflies on it please, if you find one.

Once I move in with Matt we should have enough space for it to take pride of place in the lounge room next to the dining table... :)

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can SO see Matt loving that idea! :)

4:44 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

If Matt has a 4 ft fish tank I should be allowed to have a life size cow in the living room (and a Guinea Pig). Okay maybe as a backyard ornament at least. You know, like a really big garden gnome... I think it'd look fantastic! Maybe I should get to work on a paper mache one...

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home