Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independance Day

Today I am celebrating Independance Day. Not American Independance Day, but my own Independance Day! Heck, I'm in a completely different country to my family, my entire network of support, and I am actually coping okay.

The trip to London went well but the trip down on the bus absolutely terrible. I wont find out just how successful my trip to London was until around about 14th July, but i've been given a bit of a "headsup" from the people I was speaking to that there will be no problems with the arrangements. Sorry to talk in cryptic but soon, all will be revealed. I also got to see Janine, one of my best friends from University. She is doing so well, apart from suffering along with the rest of England as a result of their World Cup loss to Portugal. Being in London for the game was an experience I certainly wont forget for a long time. I've never seen so many English flags, and so many devastated people in my life. The streets were empty during the game, and very empty after the game, as english supporters drowned their sorrows with beer. Oh well, couldnt have happened to a better team, I say (he he he, i've become so scottish!).

Owen and I are progressing along nicely as well. I cant believe that we have only known each other for a couple of weeks, because everything between us is so easy and so well settled. That said, as part of my Independance Day celebrations, I've decided to put a limit on us hanging out twice a week, as opposed to the five times a week we've hung out recently. It was suffocating, particularly seeing I have come from a period where I was so free and happy doing my own thing.

He meets the Queen today, and he will be all kitted out in his traditional kilt. I wont get to see him in it, sadly. I do hope he doesnt say anything to offend the Queen.

There's only a week to go before I leave for France where I will see the Tour as well as get to see Adam. I cant wait. Biarritz is right on the border of France and Spain and is known for its glitz and celebrity glamour. I am going to have to purchase big celebrity sunglasses, me thinks. I am going to have to buy some fake tan too.

Checkya later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

You are faring gloriously, my friend! Happy Independence Day to you (belated though it is!)...

5:11 PM  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

i am immensely impressed with how you're doing and how you handle new situations! you fully deserved a celebration!

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home