Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Next Big Thing

One word - Kasabian. I'm tipping these guys to be the next Oasis (okay, without the whole crash and burn thing midway through their rock careers). If Kasabian attracts 100 people who havent heard of them to each of their concerts, and play like they played last night, then I suspect they are going to get big - fast.

Kasabian are from Leicester and will be supporting the Stones for their UK tour this coming September. So, Kasabian are very well known here in the UK, but my guess is that Kasabian are going to get a lot bigger than the UK. Their sound was amazing. They are a cross between Jet, Oasis, plus a bit of dance/pop. Crazy, but it seriously works!

I'd gone into the concert completely cold, having only heard excerpts of their music quickly on the way to their concert. However, once the lights when down and the bass kicked in and the crowd went wild, I knew I was in for a big night. What people had told me was true - once you hear Kasabian live, you will be a fan for life. Check out a review at www.bbc.co.uk/music/rockandalt/reviews/kasabian_kasabian.shtml and if you get a chance to listen to some of their stuff, do it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home