Sunday, September 11, 2005

Heading Towards the Finish Line







Human behaviour is like mathematics to me - I'm simply never going to understand it. Today's example of this was trying to understand why an estimated 10,000 Sydneysiders woke up at dawn this morning to run the Sydney Marathon, Half Marathon or BridgeRun. It simply doesnt make sense to me. ITS SUNDAY, PEOPLE! Notwithstanding this, never the one to discourage, I stood on the sidewalk, drank my cappuccino and took photos *grin*

Yesterday, I sadly packed away all of my personal belongings in my beautiful apartment in Drummoyne. While I dont leave for my long-term travel until March 2006, it was time to give up my gorgeous place in order to save money. City lifestyle is not conducive to saving money, let me tell you! So, I sadly shipped off my furniture (what little of it i have!) to my parents place, which is where I will call home once again for five months. Upon returning from holidays in Europe, I will have to endure one and a half hours of travel to and from my parents place for work each day
but I will just have to keep reminding myself of the great adventures that will follow.

As I was packing away by life into various cardboard boxes, I decided to "get organised" for my four-week holiday to Europe, which begins in four days. For those that know me - "Organised Kate" is an oxymoron. Let me be blunt. I'm not the brightest spark when it comes to getting myself organised. In fact, you know the saying "i'd lose my head if it wasnt screwed on?" Yes, well they invented that saying with me in mind. I'm notorious for losing things or "misplacing" them. This characteristic of mine is of course compounded during travel. I have a load of stories about losing valuables whilst travelling (the losing-the-passport-in-england-on-a-public-holiday-just-before-finding-out-my-father-was-in-intensive-care-back-home-after-a-massive-heart-attack is a personal favourite of mine). Well, this time I've vowed to be much more orgnanised. I'm determined not to lose a thing. No lost phones, no lost cameras, not lost personal documents. So I've found a perfect way to ensure that I look after all of my belongings. I've put everything in little bags, and have labelled them accordingly. It makes perfect sense, really.



Backpackers Bible

My Packed Goodies






Self Portrait - The Sadness of Leaving Drummoyne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home