Sunday, October 30, 2005

A New Toy To Play With

(picture courtesty of www.letsgodigital.com)




Its a rainy Sunday afternoon and what better than to sit indoors and catch up on my blog. It feels like summer rain, though, when your skin feels sticky and the air is still warm, despite the rain falling. I love it. Apart from what has appeared to be a mass invasion of flies while I was away!

Last week I took the plunge and purchased myself a camera of my own. Spurred on by recent comments from family, friends and strangers, I have decided to actually take it a little more seriously. If I was truly smart, I would have purchased the camera in Dubai, where cameras are disgustingly cheap but instead I waited until I returned to see how much money I had left after roaming Europe.

I went into a number of shops to find the best deal on a Pujifilm s5600, the newer edition of the camera I had borrowed from my sister. I was adamant that I would be getting another Fujifilm because I didnt want to mess around with my formula - Kate + fujifilm = reasonably good photos. However, after an hour or so of a salesman talking me out of the fujifilm and into a Kodak z7590, I spent almost $200 more than I planned, and I had myself a camera which I had no idea about, or experience with. Yep. I am a salesman's dream. A week had passed and the Kodak was a major disappointment. I tossed and turned each night for seven days when I finally decided that I would take it back. I didnt like going back to the salesman that had convinced me to politely tell him "it's not you, its me", but it had to be done. I had spent a lot of money on the Kodak, and knew that if I kept it, chances were that I'd lose interest in photography.

I now have the familiar shape of the fujifilm s5600 in my hand and I couldnt be happier. The lesson learnt - go with your heart and not your head. Or, do some research before you go and buy. Or, dont be such a sucker and believe every word a salesman tells you.

Annie (my sister) is extremely pregnant and it will now be an anxious wait for the baby to arrive. Little Bubba (they havent settled on a name) has been happily sitting in the oven, cooking away, waiting for the right time to come on out into the world. We think that LB is going to be just like her aunty (impulsive and impatient) and come on out earlier than expected. Annie is due on 30 November but we think it will more likely be in the next week or so because Annie has been "carrying low" for a little while now and is incredibly huge (in a nice, pregnant way of course). Last night saw the first of the "false alarms" where we thought she was having contractions but they subsided and life in the Adams household carried on as normal for a little while longer. We all know that it certainly will change once LB arrives!

Will keep you updated, and I may even sneak a picture of the pregnant one for you all to see. Oh, and be warned. There will be a sickly amount of baby photos on this website, taken by none other than the very proud Aunty (me!).

K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home