Saturday, November 19, 2005

Waiting Waiting Waiting

Well it is the morning of Saturday, 19 November 2005 and Annie has just headed off to the hospital to begin what I am sure will be a very long, hard day. I am at her house, tidying and cleaning, and looking after the animals, so that she can come back and not worry about those kinds of things. I am more or less waiting for the telephone call that she is well and truly in labour. Then I will jump in the car and head off to the Hospital. She will spend the first couple of hours being monitored by the doctors and nurses, and then they will induce her, and get the little Fattie out. Apparently the baby is already 8 pounds. Yikes. That is why they are taking the baby out 2 weeks early (and also because Annie is a high risk patient).

This is a special day for Annie and Alec. In 2001, Annie was 5 months pregnant, and in Melbourne on business when she had complications. She was admitted into Monash University Hospital, where they tried to keep the baby alive, but late that night, Annie and Al suffered the most heartbreaking thing - the little baby boy's heart had stopped. Annie and Al then had to go through (what I can only imagine as horrific) the process of giving birth to little Adam, knowing that he was not to survive upon birth.

Its taken Annie and Alec a number of years to get over the loss of their first child, particularly in such sad circumstances. But when God takes away, he also gives back, and today I pray that God will bring Annie and Alec a healthy baby girl. The doctors are pretty confident that the baby is 100% healthy, but no doubt are taking all the precautions needed to ensure that she is.

I am nervous, apprehensive, scared, excited and overwhelmed all in one. At the end of the day, I may be an aunty! I may have a little baby girl in my arms, and Annie will hopefully be well. I am sad that, if I go ahead with my plans for next year (which are currently bubbling away and progressing), I may not have much time to spend with the little baby before I go and discover the world. I may be missing a great deal of this little baby's special months.

But as I said before, when God takes away, he also gives back. I may go away, but God has given my family something in return.

I will update when I can.

Love to all,
K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home