Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas On The Cheap


I have had to budget this Christmas. Usually, I just race out on Christmas Eve, grab various things from various shops in this mad-like rush reminiscent of that game show on TV called Supermarket Sweep (is it only Australia that gets crap shows like that?). Rarely do I care too much about price tags or whether its worth the money or not. If I found it in time, and its something that they kinda wanted, it was good enough for me. This year, however, I had to carefully budget using a series of lists, economic diagrams, and compiled qualitative data in order to remain within my "allocated Christmas spending money". When you're trying to do Christmas "on the cheap", you begin to see that Christmas isnt just all tinsel and fruitcake.

2 Comments:

Blogger backtags said...

It's easy to buy big gifts for people when you have the money to do so, but it'd be nice to think that they'd appreciate the time and effort spend on their gifts, more than the monetary value.

I'm sure everyone will be happy with whatever you give them this year.

Merry christmas

2:16 AM  
Blogger Oreo said...

SUPERMARKET SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to LOVE that programme when I was a kid :) We got an english version...I dont think they make it anymore though...do they have big blow-up bonuses (like a big pineapple, milk carton, etc) on the aussie one?

It's sad that I want to know more more MORE on the aussie supermarket sweep! haha...Me and my brother always wanted to be on it when we were younger! hahhaha sad or what!??!?!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home