Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Countdown to 2006

So now that Christmas is over (it went by so quickly), and Christmas lunch has been shovelled into my stomach by the forkful, I cast my mind to the new year. 2006 is going to be a very important year for me - I am leaving my family, my home, my job, and all sense of security to venture out into the world. So, I want to make sure that I leave as well equipped as possible...

... but then I think of Thailand, and how I have five glorious days lying on West Rai Leh beach....

... and then I think of wearing my gorgeous Baku brown bikini...

... and it all just falls into a heap there.

So one of my new year's resolutions will be to lose 5 kilos by 20th March 2006. Its not a huge amount, but I think it will be a good idea to get to a weight where I feel I am most comfortable. I am probably at the most healthiest at the moment, and am probably at my most fittest. Still, I havent been dropping the kilos, because I have been concentrating on the fitness rather than the eating. I get the best results when I find that balance.

I have my motivation - Melissa at www.ouncebyounce.blogspot.com - a person that is committed and is actually seeing results! My goal will only require a 1/2 kilo loss a week, which wont be hard at all. Surely it wont be THAT hard!!!

I'm going to lie down so I can get out of this "food coma" (as my friend shelley would call it), where I have eaten far too much Christmas lunch.

Merry Christmas to all!

K

1 Comments:

Blogger terrylove said...

Hi Kate, I just thought I'd wish you luck in Thailand and to hope you have as much fun as a young friend of mine did.

She spent 3 months there sending back emails that I turned into a web site for her, http://www.elisesworld.co.uk. That was her 1st go at backpacking, and the start of her growth as a person. It also went on to another trip the following year to Central America and then, finally, to her doing volunteer work in Peru.

That lead to me also doing a web site for the orphanage she worked at, http://www.losgorriones.net, where you left a message in the guestbook. That lead to me dropping by your blog here and seeing you are about to start your own voyage of self discovery.

So, good luck, I hope you enjoy the trip and that you find out as much about yourself as my friend did, and that you like what you find.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home