Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Dear Mr. Bush, President of the United States of America

31 January 2006

BY FACSIMILE AND POST
Mr. George W. Bush
Oval Office
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500


Dear Mr. Bush,

I am writing this letter to you to thank you very much for your hard work over the last couple of years.

I take this opportunity to thank you for being a good friend to our Prime Minister, Mr. John Howard, who at times doesnt seem to have many friends here in Australia. He is much happier now that he has someone to help him with the struggles that come with being the boss of a country. Who better than to start hanging out with someone as nice as you?

I am also glad that our John has been accepted into your little group called the "Coalition of the Willing." For a little while, our country has struggled to find its own identity but I guess that comes with being a nation which was originally made up of criminals sent from Britain. We tried to accept the identity of the wild people who were on the land before the crooks came but now that would have meant that John Howard had to say "sorry" to them. He has a similar attitude to you. Like on 8 November 2001, when you turned to the Brazillian President who was visiting Washington DC and said "Do you have blacks too?"

I think its nice that you stick up for your mates. I like how you swap information and stuff. Like on 28 November 2003, in your State of the Union address, you told the world that your other friend Tony and his British Government had learnt that Saddam Hussein had recently sought significant quantities of uranium. I heard that before you gave that speech, the CIA had told you that the information was untrue but its alright. I was once told that you should never let facts get in the way of a good story, especially about Yellow Cake.

I hope John Howard continues to do the same good job that you are doing for your own country. I hope John Howard passes continuous tax cuts. You did. I know that when you did, you changed a surplus of $5 trillion into a projected deficit of $4.3 trillion but its okay because my mum and dad are rich and I will be too when I grow up, so I dont mind there being tax cuts. John is trying his best to run a strict economic policy, just like you. John bought in some really tough industrial relations laws the other week which strips away a couple of rights from employs, but he says that it needs to happen so we can compete with Asia.

Oh, and speaking of Asia, John wont ratify the Kyoto Treaty in a bid to reduce greenhouse omissions. Like you, John thinks that if we sign it, its going to cost Australians their jobs.

Lastly, I just want to say that I think you are a big inspiration to kids like me. My favourite quote of yours was the one you said in Washington DC on 5 August 2004, where you said:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
.
Yours Truly,
.
Kate from Australia.
.
P.S Would it be too much to ask that I get a signed photo of you with your lovely wife? Thanks.
.
.
(information gained from the following websites:

6 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

Love it!!!!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Oreo said...

Brilliant Kate....

I could talk for months about Bush's 'wonderful' leadership skills...

1:37 PM  
Blogger mi said...

please DO tell me you actually mailed this letter. please please please!!

PRETTY please?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Overboard said...

Tee hee. My latest post is a Bush one too. Great minds think alike.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Louis said...

If i had a zoo he would be the main attraction. It's beyond the skills of taxonomists to classify him and his clique.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Oreo said...

haha I am with MI! SEND IT TO HIM! HAHAHAHA...hey maybe at least ONE of the interns working for him will find it funny :)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home