Saturday, July 22, 2006

Its Good To Be Back Home

Well I have my feet back on Scottish soil and I am glad to be back home. I thoroughly enjoyed my time away, but its nice to be back in my own bed, getting back into a routine. The time at home is short lived however, as I am taking Owen down to see Maureen and Andrew down in Dumfries. It will be a nice weekend away.

Last night i went to see Westlife at Edinbugrgh Castle. For all that know who they are, yes they are a corny boy band but anyone who knows me knows that i have loved westlife since I was about fourteen. I finally got a chance to see them and had a FAB time. I had really good seats, ended up with great photos and some awesome memories.

Annie, the setlist was as follows:

1. Opened with Flying Without Wings (in gorgeous white suits)
2. The Real Thing (high tempo song from new album)
3. When You're Looking Like That
4. Amazing (new album)
5. When You Say You Love Me (new album)
6. She's Back Again (new album, mixed it in with Billie Jean)
7. Uptown Girl (in top hats and canes!)
8. Cover Songs - Addicted to Love (Robert Palmer), Senorita (Justin!), Dont Cha (Pussy Cat Dolls - fab!)
9. Colour My World (new album)
10. Hey Whatever
11. Seasons in the Sun
12. World of Our Own
13. Mandy (was the best out of the entire concert - was brilliant)
14. Queen of My Heart (THEY CAME OUT IN KILTS - the crowd when NUTS!)
15. You Raise Me Up.

The concert seemed to go really quickly, and I feel like it was a little short compared to concerts i have been to before like Robbie Williams who plays for what seems like HOURS, but fabulous nonetheless.

What a night!

k

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been listening to Westlife all day and trying to imagine them there at the castle! I am one VERY envious sister at the moment, but so so glad you got to see them and there of all places!

And I can only imagine how unreal Mandy would have been live. Queen of My Hearts would have been UNBELIEVABLE!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

LOL @ you two!
Congrats Kate - what an awesome experience!

7:57 AM  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

sounds FABULOUS... i would give a kidney to see king robbie... but that's besides the point!
how did you remember which songs were sung when?

2:31 PM  
Blogger KateOnTheGo said...

I've seen King Robbie twice now... was set to see him a third time in Sydney in December until Canada job came up.

I wrote the songs down because I knew annie would have wanted to know!

12:17 PM  
Blogger MariaJo said...

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! What I wouldn't give to see Robbie Williams in concert!!! (Even better if I could give it to him *wink* *wink*)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home