Friday, July 14, 2006

Be Grateful in the Good Times, and Graceful in the Bad

Well, what a ride I have had. I cant really afford to go into too much detail at such expensive internet rates, but lets just say it involves the following:

- missed flight to France
- new flight lands me at the opposite end of France
- ten extra hours driving
- a speeding fine which is going to cost me GOD knows what

Anyway, this is me being graceful during bad times (okay, i wasnt so graceful to the Ryan Air staff who wouldnt let me check in ONE minute late). I am now in San Sebastian, Spain and this place SERIOUSLY is stunning. Think glitz, glamour, beautiful people and lots of Sangria. I am here only on a day trip, as I am staying with Adam in Biarritz. Biarritz is another beautiful, glamourous french beachside town for the extremely rich. It has been good to see Adam after so long and I cant wait to spend the next five days with him, soaking up the sun and (hopefully) some Sangria.

Today is Bastille Day in France so I will probably hit the town of Biarritz with some of AdamĀ“s friends (which Adam works). One thing I must say, in this area, not many people really know english, which is a pleasant change from places in the world like Paris or Venice but socially, it makes it very difficult. One of Adam's friends knows english fairly well, so I shall just stick by her tonight.

Anyhoo, after the few hiccups I have had over the past 48 hours, i must say, I am happier and much more settled. Things werent looking too good yesterday but now that I have had the sun and seen a familiar face, all is much better.

Until next time, from Spain and France

Au Revoir!

k

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FERRR-AAAAL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope you have a great day Lil Sis!

Love Al, Annie & Charlotte xxx

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home