Sunday, August 20, 2006

Love And Stuff

I've been so reluctant to talk about the Boy on this blog. This blog was to be about my travels, documenting the amazing experiences that I encounter whilst being away. Well, its time that I 'fessed up. The Boy has been the most amazing thing to happen to me since arriving here in Edinburgh. We have been together for two months and for the first time ever in my life, I'm not afraid to think about being with this person on a long term basis.. possibly even forever. I've found someone that I completely adore, respect, and... yep, it could be love.

Now I need to open the topic up for commment - do I go to Canada for six months, or do I give it up, go back home for a month and travel to Africa on the way home, and then come back to Edinburgh to look at settling down here on a more permanent basis? Is Canada really want I want? Is it worth giving up what I have here - a life where I am so completely happy, in order to go and spend the winter with strangers in a snow resort?

I guess this is another part of life... finding a balance by making decisions for your future, without giving up your dreams...

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Hmm, lots of things to consider now, huh?!

It was your dream to travel the world. You compiled a list of things to conquer while you were travelling. Now there's a man involved and you're considering shelving it all to be with him.

It's only been two months, it's too soon to make that decision. Everyone knows about the honeymoon period, it's fantastic and it feels like there's nothing to tear you away from your beloved, ever, and everything will always be great, you're inseparable and all the rest of it. But what happens later on when the honeymoon is over?

He may well be the one. But he may well not be. I think you should wait a couple of months, test the waters, see how things turn out.

I would also say go to Canada anyway - if he loves you enough he'll come to Canada for a holiday to visit you. But that's just me :)

Think long-term happiness. Are you prepared to set your dream aside for this one person whom you've known for such a brief time? It's a big call but everything happens for a reason. Go with what feels right. Maintain your independence for now, I think. Make this decision solely based on what would be best for you, what would make you happy.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home