Monday, October 23, 2006

Disappointed


After reading two of her fabulous books, Salem Falls and Perfect Match, I was told "make sure you read My Sisters Keeper and the Pact, they are her best". So on Friday, I spent £7 on the Pact and I spent the next couple of days engrossed in this book.
The story had a great beginning, a fairly plausible story line but I came out of it so disappointed! So many questions were left unanswered and the story became more unrealistic. I am so annoyed. I am just curious as to why Jodi Picoult, a good writer, left so many obvious questions unanswered. It almost made me wonder whether she has a sequel planned for this, because I got to the last page and went "oh.... is that it?". I even searched the pages afterwards for any sign of further chapters and I came away with nothing. It left me frustrated.But hey, that's what reading is all about, and that is what choosing books are all about - you take the chance, you invest your time into it, and you come out either satisfied or dissatisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home