Friday, October 20, 2006

A Nice Phone Call

This afternoon I received a phone call from a Managing Director of one of my company's clients. He told me that there had been mention that I was leaving in a week, and he just wanted to call to wish me a safe journey and to say goodbye. I had only met him once, but had often answered the telephone when he rung for my boss. Now this man would have had absolutely no reason to call me, no ulterior motive, only to simply wish me a safe journey. I was so touched by his phone call that I wanted to cry. It had been a real cr*ppy day, and it took one person to go out of their way and telephone me, a virtual stranger, and say something simple as "all the very best". It made my day, and it made me smile.

Could you imagine if every single person in this world phoned one person just to wish them the very best - without ulterior motive?

It may actually prove that there ARE some decent human beings out there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

There are in fact a great many of you out there, Kate. <|:))

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home