Thursday, October 19, 2006

Oh Dear - I am a Flashpacker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashpacker

"Flashpacking is a term derived from "flash" and "backpacking". Flashpackers travel independently, alone or in a small group, just like backpackers, but they demand a higher standard of services, such as travel and accommodation, and are prepared to pay more for the privilege. The term flashpackers has also come to denote backpackers carrying expensive electronic gear, like laptops, cell or satellite phones, digital cameras, and GPS units."

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Aye, that's definitely me too! I've no problem traveling alone, even prefer it actually, but I do wish to travel in comfort - at least a bit of it!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I’m thinking about doing another backpacking trip early next year, but don’t think I can handle the cockroaches and rice again so was doing some research on this Flashpacking and came across this job.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/jobs/jobsearch/display.var.985564.0.what_is_flashpacking.php

I checked out the company and they are in fact a legitimate recruitment company based in Sydney Australia. I applied for the job and got a reply back within 3 days, they said I met the criteria and said my application would proceed to the selection process. The reply email did ask me to pay a £3 admin fee but given it all seems to be above board what’s £3 compared to 12 months of heaven, I guess it’s like playing the lottery with a chance of actually winning. Last time I went backpacking in took me 2 years to save for the trip then another 2 years to pay off my credit cards. John Westwood – Bromley, Kent, England

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home