Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Was Never In Berlin

I told a fib.

I was never in Berlin. Never met anyone to go to Prague. Never got a busbaout ticket.

All along I was in London, preparing to fly home to Australia to surprise my mother.

And what a surprise she got!

She was so overwhelmed when I walked up to her in the airport that she had to sit down while she was hyperventilating.

You see, my sister, father and I made up some elaborate plan to get mum to the airport in order for her to collect "a bag" of my stuff which supposedly was being sent into customs. Instead, it was me.

So I now home. For three weeks before heading to Canada to begin work on 4 December. I've known for about a month that I would be home now, but had to keep it a very close secret, and had to continue the trick on the blog so that my mother (my most regular reader) knew nothing different.

Its great to be home. Its great to hold Charlotte. She remembered me, I think. The minute I picked her up, she nestled her head on my shoulder, something which is apparently really unusual for her. Ever since then, she's been giving me this gummy little grin, as if to say "I missed you!"

Anyway, I am really struggling with the jet lag, so I will have to end it here and have a wee sleep. But, let the adventures continue!

k

4 Comments:

Blogger Fuff said...

Awww. Good luck in Canada, Kate.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Overboard said...

Ooh look, it's Fuff. Didn't she used to have a blog?


Hehehe.
Well done, Kate!
Enjoy!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Welcome home Kate!

7:06 PM  
Blogger rob said...

What a lovely surprise for her, you are sweet kate! may you always be like that.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home