Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What Is My Worth?

Today has been a day of discussions about salary. Money money money. How much am I asking for? What would someone in my position usually get paid? What was I getting? What is my limit? What would I be prepared to accept?

Money

Money

Money

When I was ruffing it in Thailand, I didnt give two wotsits about money. A massage cost me $3 an hour. Having my toes painted cost me $2. When travelling in Scotland, all I cared about was beer. Beer and saving enough money for a ticket home. Now I've been thrown back into a world of corporate deals, salary negotiations and more deals.

I'm worth a comfortable bed to sleep in at night. I'm worth a plate of dinner. Maybe if I stretch it far enough, I'm worth a gym membership. I dont ever want to have to define myself by the amount of money I make. But when it comes down to it...

..... what are we REALLY all worth?

3 Comments:

Blogger Overboard said...

worthiness coz we all is going back to our roots high up in da hWell, in my humble onion, I don't really consider this worthiness kind of question. I just am. Just doing it, doing it. I fink the most important thing to realise in life is that it can be taken away at any time and that to make plans is sheer folly and that one should always follow ones heart and instinct, and um, clean our teeth at least twice a day. I wouldn't get too bogged down in our eavens in the end. Well, not everybody. Folks who kill animals etc will go somewhere else but most of us, if we have loved life, and God, will just remorph into glittery things again. Like champagne or summit else that sparkles.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Overboard said...

Farking doo dum..that above post got all farked up.

12:28 AM  
Blogger KateOnTheGo said...

That said, RS, there was some seriously deep stuff in that post... glitter 'n sparkles 'n stuff.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home