Friday, June 09, 2006

Off to Dublin I Go!

I am so excited that I am going to Dublin. I went to Dublin in January 2001 but I never really got the chance to spend time alone, wandering.

How am I going to be able to avoid Guiness over there? Dont they know how much I love the stuff, and the pain I have had to endure by not drinking it here in Scotland.

I must whinge, just quickly about something. I was in the UK for two weeks, waiting for recruitment agencies to contact me for jobs. I had big promises from ALL of them, about how easy it would be to get a job, how many people they know. It wasnt until I met one recruiter, who actively went out there, spoke to every law firm in Edinburgh, and landed me a role in the best law firm in Scotland. Now, all of a sudden, there appears to be a role out there that people are dying to fill, and I am getting constant calls from recruitment agencies, some of them FROM THE SAME OFFICE, calling m. "What is your current status? How are you going? Are you looking for a role some time soon."

No. No I'm not. In fact, even if I was looking, I wouldnt give myself to a bunch of recruiters who did not want to know me a month or so ago, but now all of a sudden really care about whether I have found a job. Grrr... It annoys me. They ring as if I am still looking for work. Did they think I'd be still sitting around waiting for a role to come up? Jerks.

Well, they lost my business. One firm in particular has really annoyed me. I have my one recruiter here in Scotland who worked darn hard for me, so she has my business. And anyone else I get a chance to refer her to.

*deep breath*

Right.

I'm done.

Cheers!

k

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better now? :)

5:07 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

No worries Kate ... I have the same irritations (and to the same degree) around people that just don't want to do their jobs. I believe it's called having a "work ethic" - and it seems to be in dern short supply! Not to malign your profession, but I have an attorney that I got so annoyed with a couple months back I finally blurted out "Why they heck am I paying you when I'm doing all your work for you?" Anyway - glad you got that off your chest. Have a great time in Dublin (and take photos!!)

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home