Thursday, June 01, 2006

Slowly But Surely...

Well yesterday was another important day in the life of me. While getting paid was a significant event, it wasnt the reason. I started back at the gym yesterday. And it was good. No. Not good. It was fantastic. I got on the treadmill and ran... and ran... and ran until my lungs and heart couldnt take it. Infact, at one point, I registered my heart rate at above 180bpm, which probably was a little too high in terms of weight loss, but an indication of how hard I was pushing myself. I've woken up with sore knees and tight muscles but its that burn that I used to love so much. (Not many people share the same kind of sick gratification when it comes to pushing your body to the max, but for all of those who know me, they know I get some sick kick out of it). My muscles are tight and useless after five months of inaction, so it is going to take a little while before I get back to where I used to be, but already, my mind feels clearer than it has been in a long long time.

Oh, and lately I've been wondering where all of the good looking guys are in Edinburgh. Well, I've worked out that they are all at Holmes Place (the gym) at around 6.30pm at night, each night. Thank you, Lord.

Happy 1st of June, y'all!

k

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! I'll put in a word of thanks for you next time I'm having words with God about this bl**dy brace Charlotte has to wear!

Glad 'the burn' is back though! Happy days!

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home