Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Last Week Or So Has Been Rough...

Well, i must admit, I've struggled over the last week to be that happy girl that you saw in the photos that I posted.

My health unfortunately took quite a turn for the worst earlier this week and for the first time in a long while, I felt ready to book the first plane ticket back to Australia. But looking back now, I think that the very fact that I stuck it out, asked for help from the people around me, kept in contact with my family (who were wonderful as always), and took action when I did, that I managed to deal with the unexpected "speed bump" in the best way I could. I dont want to go into too much detail, because my family already thinks I give away too much information on this darn site, but lets just say that I am now feeling a lot stronger (physically and mentally) and have been able to make some important decisions that will mean that a lapse in health wont happen again (well, not if I can help it!!!).

In order to get better, I've had to make some hard decisions. The first being that the boy and I have had to take a break - at my requst. In summary, in between dealing with my health, and dealing with some of his stuff at the moment, things just simply got too hard for me to cope with. I feel terribly guilty and sad that I have deliberately turned my back on someone I care very much about simply because I dont have the mechanisms to deal right now. But, with the wise words of my sister, I need to take action right now to make sure that I am well in the long term. I think I'll leave my comments about that there, me thinks. I will update everyone should the situation change.

More importantly, I've now had to make some health decisions - no more coffee/caffeine drinks (eeek!), very limited alcohol, and back to the gym. Again, the distraction of the boy has meant my attending the gym has been lax. Its time to get back.

Despite all of that, I do have some really good news (and I suppose, given I have been unwell lately, i've realised just how good this news is).

I begin as an employee of Whistler Blackcomb, Canada, as a Ski School Sales Attendant on 13 November 2006. My contract here ends on 2 November 2006 and while it is sad that I am leaving Edinburgh, it is another phase in my adventure. From Canada, who knows. I will definately want to go back to Australia to see Mum and Dad, and of course, Annie, Al and Charlotte. I may talk to a few law firms while I am there to see what the market is like, but I feel like I haven't done all of what i wanted in Europe yet. So, there's a good chance I will be back in the Northern Hemisphere travelling again... but lets not look that far ahead just yet.

The pay will be shite, but the experience will be amazing.

Anyway, rest assured, I am much stronger and my health is doing okay now that I've gotten a bit of control back. Thanks to everyone who have been so supportive over the last week - even though some may have been excited that I may return home as a result - but no, its not the case this time.

:)

K

4 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Wish I had known...but truly understand why I did not. You know you have my support no matter what. You made the right decisions all around. Including the decisions about you and the boy. You say it's the best decision for you, but I suspect it will prove out to also be the best for him too. Toxic relationships exist...usually without either side being aware of their toxicity.

6:25 AM  
Blogger KateOnTheGo said...

Damn, you really are good at this EC. You are very much a part of my very strong support network. Who knows, sometime next year I could pop down and see you (seeing I will only be a stone throw away!)

How can something so wonderful be so toxic though? Thats the bit i dont understand. But hey, it was either now, or November, so i guess its right...

I just didnt have enough strength for both of us... :(

12:15 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

XOXO...<|:)

6:14 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

You're not supposed to have the strength of two people, you're only human... No doubt you've made the right decision no matter how bad it might feel right now. Bring on Canada!

Cool photos of France, by the way. It's fake tan, isn't it?! Admit it!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home