Sunday, November 12, 2006

Nine Days To Go - Whistler Blackcomb


Yesterday I purchased my flight to Vancouver. It cost a little more than I budgeted for, as did the travel insurance, but i guess this is going to be a trip where I am going to have to really be tight with my money. No splurging, no luxurious weekends away, no excessive shopping. In nine days, I am off to Canada to work at minimum wage, not lawyer-wage. I dont have that much saved. But i dont care. I'm free. And will be for the next six months. I guess that is what is most important to me these days.

To quote the Whistler Blackcomb website, on 10 Nov, "Whistler woke up to a winter wonderland with 30cm of snow falling in the Alpine overnight and there's lots more on the way. Today the Alpine Forecast is calling for 10-20cm, 5-10 cm tonight, 5-10cm on Saturday, 30-40cm on Sunday and 20-30cm on Monday. By the end of the long weekend, expect to see 70-110cm of new snow!"

I've never lived in winter conditions like this. I'm from Australia, remember? I see photos of them playing in the snow, all rugged up, all tanned and I wonder how I will handle the climate! Time will tell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home