Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Confessions of An Unemployed Drama Queen

Argh. I hate just sitting here doing nothing. I am such a terrible patient. I am bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Daytime television here in Australia sucks. I loved having cable in Whistler. I didnt start loving television until I got to Whistler and was confined to being indoors. I had two channels of ice hockey to watch. I had CNN, BBC plus a few other channels of news to watch too. Extreme sports. Dr Phil. Jerry Springer. Round the clock episodes of the Simpsons. Oprah. More Oprah. Even Tigger my cat is so bored watching TV with me that he's gone outside to find something more interesting to do. Even more depressing is the fact that come next week, I'll be stripped of all television shows on Channel Nine because of the Ashes series (cricket), hence limiting the already-poor choice of television shows.

I'm convinced that those who travel must find it harder and harder to keep themselves occupied in ordinary day to day living. What's more exciting than standing in the middle of Bangkok at 1am, the pollution grabbing at your lungs like an iron fist? What's possibly more thrilling than standing on a ledge, ready to jump with only a rope stopping you from crashing to the bottom? What is more pleasurable than standing at the waters edge of the Mediterranean with gelato running down your hands and into your lap? What will be more refreshing than skiing down a hill of luscious white powder, the icy wind hitting your face and the mountaineous scenery before your very eyes?

Right. Time for some more ear drops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home