Saturday, December 16, 2006

A Little Bit of Sadness

So I am a little sad tonight. Whistler has apparently had over 50cm of snow in the past twenty four hours and no doubt today was all about blue skies, sunshine and epic powder. I would be lying if I said I didnt miss being there. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt missing the great people that I met over there in those two weeks. *sniff* Even in the short time I was there, and although I couldnt go out much, I loved standing at the door of the unit, chatting to everyone as they came in off the mountain, listening as they told me how their day was. But I'm not there, I'm here. And I'm still sick. My right ear hasnt made any progress in healing and I am having to go to the doctors again on Monday. My glandular fever test results arrive this week. I'm still so fatigued. There was no way I could have gotten (or afforded) proper medical care over there. There was also no way I would have been able to have begun, or maintained, a job over there like this. It simply wouldnt have been possible.

Okay, I'm ending this entry now, before I get too sad. On a lighter note, I think Charlotte may take her first step in the next couple of weeks. Who knows, she may do it on Christmas Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

Hi Kate Im so sorry you are sad and hope that you get well soon to that end i enclude a link to a christmas carol for you to "enjoy" :o))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH7vrLlDZ6U&NR

Take care! and enjoy your christmas at home, because its one less, that you will do ! :o))

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home