Saturday, December 16, 2006

My Usual Christmas Whinge

Today I went shopping with my mother. I am not sure if its still the fatigue I'm suffering, or its my bad attitude to Christmas, but I cant help but find this time of the year utterly unbearable. My main whinges include (but are not limited to) the following:

1. Why is it that people who wait for elevators have to stand right in front of the doors as they open? This always seems to happen at times when we have Charlotte in a pram. Getting out of the elevator is up there with Mt. Everest in terms of climbing difficulty. My advice - all you lazy people without prams and trolleys - USE STAIRS. YOU MAY FIND YOU ENJOY IT.

2. Why is it that people can wait in line to pay for their shopping, yet cannot for the life of them, wait in line to order a cappuccino?! Are they in that dire need for caffeine? My advice - BYO coffee.

3. Why is it that every B-Celebrity, "celebrity cook" or "famous sportsperson" always happen to complete the "stories of their lives" just before Christmas time? Maybe the need to write about your life is a seasonal thing. Ideas flow better during summer time?

4. Where the hell are people getting money from these days? People seem to buying, buying and buying some more. The likely answer to this "whinge" is that the banks are getting richer and richer. I feel terrible - my credit card debt has arisen from selfish crusades across far reaching places and exotic continents. These people's credit card debts are arising from buying their mothers in law cookbooks.

Decking the halls with bells of holly aside, when will people like me actually stop whinging about Christmas and simply stop celebrating it once and for all??

1 Comments:

Blogger Overboard said...

Quit being a miserable git. LOL. What with you and Fuff whinging about Christmas, you are really putting a damper on it for the rest of us. LOL.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home