Thursday, December 08, 2005

20th March 2006 - "D-Day"

The 20th of March is D-Day, or Departure Day. Yes, I have finally booked my one way ticket to London and it is now definately happening. Booking a one way flight is a lot different to booking a return ticket somewhere. It is, of course, a lot more permanent. It is a lot more definate. There is no backing out. I cant turn back.

After spending two hours at the travel agent, I came away with not only a one way ticket to London, but also a five day holiday on the way in Thailand. Yes, those pictures I have been posting have inspired me to stop off on one of the tropical islands in Thailand. I have decided that I should give myself a bit of a break before I hit the craziness of London and my new life. Importantly, I would like to think that by heading to the southern part of Thailand (ie. Kho Pi Pi, Phuket etc), I am doing my little bit to help the communities recovering from the Asian Tsunami that devastated those areas on Boxing Day last year. Five days in a little bungalow in the middle of nowhere with nothing but golden sand and crystal aqua water. I truly am lucky to be blessed enough to experience that. (Oreo, email me - there may be a possibility that you can head to Thailand at the same time as me, and therefore you wont have to do this alone).









After spending some time on these gorgeous beaches, I will then arrive in London on 27 March 2006, to begin a new life.

2 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

Welcome to London! :0)))

5:02 AM  
Blogger Oreo said...

AHH!! YOU DID IT!!! YAY!!!!!

Oh Kate you are so far ahead of me....a one way ticket is so daunting :) haha! But freeing as well!

I'm going to have to sort out my flights this weekend...ohh I am getting nervous/excited already! Actually, no, not nervous, I want to get OUTTA HERE a.s.a.p!!!!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home