Monday, February 27, 2006

The Countdown Begins

Has anyone looked at the countdown clock above recently? Well, I have. And I can categorically say that tonight is the first night in a long time where I dont feel all that confident about what I am doing. My head is pounding, there's too much noise in the house and I'm staring at financial figures that dont seem to be adding up.
.
Before, I viewed going away with not much money as a challenge. Tonight, it seems like a stupid idea.
.
All of a sudden, I've got a whole lot of debt, and not enough cash. I've been hit with a few bills for which I didnt account, plus a few which were grossly miscalculated. It now means that there is an urgency in finding a job the minute I get to the UK. I have to get to Edinburgh straight away. No bumming around. I'm sorry to all of the friends and family that I am not going to be able to catch up with straight away. I'm going to have to get myself up there, settled, and then I will somehow get back down to see you all.

(Keri, I wont miss your 30th though).

I'm having an early night.

.

5 Comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

Having done the UK thing, I can tell you now it is REALLY expensive over there. Using Aussie money will eat away your reserves like nothing else.

See if you can set up interviews or whatever before you leave.

Good luck!

1:38 AM  
Blogger Overboard said...

Pardon the pun, but I'm in a somewhat similar boat!
You'll be fine, Kate.

1:42 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Kate you do realise that Edinborough isn`t england and that the men there wear skirts (kilts)its a beautiful country though and great people. I wouldn`t have thought that there was much work there? I could be wrong!

7:29 AM  
Blogger mi said...

you'll be fine, i know you'll do just fine.
you'll manage, just cause you and i are so similar hehehehe

i wish you the best of lucks.

:)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Oreo said...

DONT WORRY! BE HAPPY!!!!

Money will work itself out, before you know it you'll be the 'new hot aussie chick' working in the local pub and all the hot non-English kilt-wearing men that Rob mentioned will be chatting you up :)

TRUST ME (cuz I trusted you!) It will ALL come together in the end :)

Worst case scenario..you crash with someone you know till you find somewhere to work..you WONT be living on the streets with no money, keeping warm over an open-flamed barrell! hahaha!

Stay positive...or else come join me in NZ and see why I'm so happy! hehehe

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home