Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sydney Never Ceases to Amaze Me


This is a great example of Sydney. Today was a beautiful day, and the new Oriana just happened to arrive into the Harbour this morning, in her full glory. This is a familiar sight in Sydney during the summer months, when cruise ships roll in, one after the other. However, it is only the bigger cruise ships that dock on this side of the Harbour Bridge. For those that fit, they go under the Bridge and "park" elsewhere.

Well, while beauty surrounds me in the day time, sleep isnt coming easy for me at the moment. I think the pre-trip nerves have finally hit home and suddenly I am not the courageous nomad anymore. I'm a scared 25 year old making the biggest change of her life in 3 weeks time.
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Overboard said...

Hey, I'm a shit scared 37 year old nomad. Great photo, Kate. One of the best and 'different' that I've ever seen of Sydney.

Don't be nervous. You always have a home to return to.

1:19 AM  
Blogger KateOnTheGo said...

Thanks hun. :)

1:26 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

You can do this Kate. You're tenacious and resourceful. Remember, live a life of no regrets. That means chasing each and every dream and making it come true. Trust me on this. I only vaguely remember my 20s and 30s - but I lived every minute then, and still do to this day as best I can. Life is too precious to have even one regret in it. So go for it Kate! I know you can do this.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Overboard said...

I want EC to be my life trainer, too.
:)

12:48 PM  
Blogger KateOnTheGo said...

I know!!! EC, you really are a great supporter for the KateOnTheGo Cause... I really appreciate it.

You're not so bad either, Maria.

k

3:11 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Aww shucks, you guys!! Don't you know it's not nice to make an old lady blush?!! Makes people imagine all sorts of things!! (grin)

4:34 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Hi Kate, some words from the past for you!
"Ive always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I cant afford it" what these people can`t afford is not to go. they are enmeshed in the "cancerous discipline of security" and in the worship of that security we fling out lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.... Sterling Hayden....

how true that is. go for it Kate!colour your fears grey and push them way off into the background! keep your return ticket in your back pocket and the world is yours to explore, as Ive said before if you need anything in the UK give me a call!

1:09 AM  
Blogger Cacophony said...

trust me when i tell you that you will be scared sh:-)tless, but that's kinda the point, isn't it?

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home