Thursday, March 09, 2006

London Calling

.
I've just applied for a job in London, doing employment law work for 17 pounds an hour. Seems like a fairly reasonable hourly rate, and I guess I could also find a bar job as well to add to the money. I didnt really want to base myself in London because it is so expensive to live there, but I guess if the price is right....?
.
So, all you Brits out there, I need your help. Is 17 pounds an hour a reasonable amount of money to receive? Will this allow me to live as well as save a bit of money in London or am I best to head up to Edinburgh like I always planned to do?
.
I suppose even if I do this for three months and live out of a hostel and eat fruit and noodles, I can save enough money to pay off a few things, and also get ready for Winter 06/07 in Europe, as well as a Greek redevous... I welcome people's assistance with this! (pretty please!)
.
Decisions, decisions, decisions.
.
Loving it.

.

2 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

Hi Kate! you can live just outside london for about £100 per week rent, with tube fares about £10 per day so you can do the maths yourself! £17 an hour is £136 a day or £680 a a week. OK! we pay about £25 for a Marine mechanic and £98 for a BMW mechanic but those are extortionate prices, for a Lawyer we would pay £200 per hour. Take the job and look around whilst you have it. dont go to Edinborough! by all means have a visit but not to stay for any length of time, I used to commute there some years back and that was enough. Much more life in London. As I said before if you need a hand when you get here by all means contact me!Youve got family in London havent you? anyway if you need any help dont forget to call!

3:49 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

17 pounds isn't bad. Bar jobs can pay as little as 4.50 an hour.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home