Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Lucky To Be Australian!

.
Okay, so now that it is coming close to leaving Australia (wow, even saying it doesnt seem real), I've become a lot more passionate about the country. I love Australia. I know I keep saying it but its true. And I know I will miss its way of life, its sunshine, its beaches, its atmosphere, its safety and all of the other things I have taken for granted these past twenty five years.
.
As you all know, over the past couple of weeks I've been lucky enough to be working from not only Sydney, but also on the Northern Beaches in Manly. Its one of Sydney's nices areas, mainly due to its laid back beach culture, despite being reasonably close to the city. I'm so glad that I have been given the opportunity to step out of the office and into the beach side town, because its given me time to take a breath, take a look around, and see what beautiful surroundings I have been so lucky to have while growing up. I definately would look at coming back to Sydney to live in Manly one day.

.
Tonight I am going to celebrate life and its wonders, in true Australian style. A beachside barbeque of fish, washed down with some great wine, some sun to colour the tip of my nose and the sounds of waves crashing against the shore. And tomorrow, I shall wake my sorry, hungover self and go for a walk along the beach.
.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

Getting away from Australia is a great way of seeing it from a new perspective and I'm sure your feeling of being lucky to be Aussie will increase as you commence your travels.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home