Thursday, March 23, 2006

Need I Say That This Could Be A "Suntan?"

.
.... nope, its not a suntan. Its just a healthy reddish glow on my shins, where I completely forgot to put suncream yesterday whilst kayaking. The rest of my body is fine. I've been diligently putting the sunscreen everywhere else for the entire time I have been here... except for the shins.
.
Today I am off to do an "Island Speedboat Tour", which takes in Maya Bay (the film spot of the Beach) plus other beaches around the area. I feel somewhat of a "Tourist" rather than a "Traveller", because I am going to be among the masses who will be at Maya Bay, but I cant come to Krabi and not go to Phi Phi... as Australians say "its just not cricket."
.
Last night I sat and had cocktails with a lovely couple from England, then joined the two boys again for "night caps" at another bar. This place isnt what I call "raging" in terms of night life, and everyone is in bed by 10.30pm, but it suits me. Drinking has usually begun at 3pm each day, so by the time 10.30pm rolls on, its time to call it a night anyway. Dont panic mum, I've not been going crazy on the booze. Things are so laid back that its hard to consume drinks quickly. In fact, it is hard to do anything quickly around here. I dont even know what day it is.
.
I cant seem to upload photos today (uncooperative computer). Anyhow, I need to check my bank balance. Although this place is cheap, I'm still spending a lot of "Baht" to keep myself amused. Lovin it!
.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How good it is to hear you are having such a great time. Sorry I missed you before you left. Received you phone message. On reading all the things you are doing is making me want to up and go again. I think Ken and I will have to start looking at another trip to Thailand. Love reading you blog page. Take care and lots of love

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home