Sunday, March 19, 2006

One of My Favourite Songs....

.
I wonder if you can pick up my accent on the phone
When i call across the country, When i call Across the world,
i can see you in my kitchen i can picture you now
as you toast to your small town and you drink the happy hour
.
i'm in london stilli'm in, london stilli'm in london, still
.
i took the tube over to Camden to wander around
i bought some funky records with that old motown sound
and i miss you like my left arm that's been lost in a war
today i dream of home and not of london anymore
.
i'm in london stilli'm in la ha london still
i'm in london still
you know its okay
i'm kinda happy here for now
.
i think i finally grown up and got myself a love of now
and if i ever come home and i think i will
i hope your gonna wanna hang at my place on sunday still
oh yeah i hope you will
cos i'm in london still
.
and now we got it sorted here we've really got it down
to a fine art on sunday in a sleepy sunday town
i wonder what i'm missing i think of songs I've never heard
I'm dreaming of your voices and i'm dreaming of your hurt
.
i'm in london still
i'm in, london still
i'm in london, stilloh i'm in london still
la la la la la la london still
i'm in london.

(lyrics by The Waifs)
.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

2:41 PM  
Blogger KateOnTheGo said...

HEY!!! That's my blessing!

Someone who knows me very well must have written this!!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Yep... Someone who knows you wanted it tattooed on your backside... Bon Voyage dude :p

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god...yes, Kate get a tattoo on your backside...a big one. And put this on your resume. Better yet, break out of stinking confines of the corporate world and tear up your resume and tattoo your whole back. Your future lovers will love staring at your back from behind as you do the bump and grind. Make the tattoo a lovely jungle scene...something animalistic...

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, I've created a monster... Bump 'n' Grind?! Jungle Scene??!! HAHAHA

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home