Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Doubts and Fears

Today, I spoke with a guy that was to go to Whistler. He was there for a couple of weeks then quit his job, realising that it wasnt for him. He said that there was no way he could spend a whole seven months there. So all of a sudden, I started to get a little nervous. Will I find Whistler too small, too isolated? Will I find it boring? Will I be lonely? Will I last til April? I suppose I just have to remember that I dont have to stay til April if I dont want to. I can walk out at any time. While I like to go into everything I do with a degree of certainty, and without a plan to quit, I still cant help but be a little doubtful and fearful about this decision to go. I no way do I regret it, but the doubts and fears are still there. I'll be okay. Yup. I will.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

You're right. You won't have to stay if you truly can't stand it. Also, if it's a quieter, less "happening" place than Edinburgh (which I'm presuming is the basis for your worry of getting bored), one might look upon this as an opportunity to enjoy some "self" time. After all, introspection and reflection never actually killed anyone (that I know of)! No matter what - you'll be fine!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Oreo said...

Nothing to worry about Kate! Last minute butterflies. Just because he walked out doesnt mean you will hate it...think about how many people *LOVE* Whistler! And between snowboarding/working/
drinking/photography/blogging
you think you will get bored??? I doubt it!!!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Oreo said...

Nothing to worry about Kate! Last minute butterflies. Just because he walked out doesnt mean you will hate it...think about how many people *LOVE* Whistler! And between snowboarding/working/
drinking/photography/blogging
you think you will get bored??? I doubt it!!!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Overboard said...

Na, you'll be fine. I'd love to be in Whistler with all those hot guys. Just go for it and shag shag shag in front of roaring fires.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home