Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Night of Golf

The Boy dragged me along to the Driving Range to hit some golf balls. Golf is, of course, the national sport of choice here in Scotland.

While he tried his very best to strategically place the balls near certain flags, I destructively aimed each and every one of the balls at the lake. And was probably about 72% successful in doing so. The ball-boy must hate me this morning.

After collecting my 2 tokens from the reception, i headed off to the machine which gave me the golf balls - such a sophisticated set up here in Scotland!

Press the button....

.... and we have 100 balls - you have to always make sure the basket is under the chute, in order to save embarrassment.









Placing the ball on the bit of hose sticking out of the fake grass mat....

















With the balls ready to go, I was ready to hit!
















Some guy next to me was heaps better than I was. He had the whole glove thing going on too, which I wished I'd had. Would have saved getting blisters on my hands.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I actually was introduced to golf in Australia of all places. Anyway, the boy probably doesn't hate you, rather, he probably finds your 'aim' charming.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home