Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Old Man is Snoring...

.
.
Its raining, its pouring, the old man is snoring.
.
Okay, no old man snoring but a whole bunch of tourists sit here not knowing what to do with themselves! Its funny how rain stunts everyone's plans, especially when their plans were only to include roasting their already roasted bodies in the sun. People are wandering aimlessly around, huddled under their rarely-used umbrellas, and the resident book shop is full of people looking for novels to take away their boredom. The internet cafes are packed full of those with shorter attention spans, lazily reviewing their home newspapers to keep themselves occupied, even for a few minutes.

.

Not to be discouraged by rain, I grabbed a "real coffee" (which still tasted somewhat like instant), went for a walk along the beach, went and said hello to my new thai friends in the beauty palour (talk about friends in high places!!!) then laid out my beach mat under a big tree and painted my nails, read a book, cleaned my camera, and brushed sand and all kinds of marine life out of my bag.
.
Patience has appeared to be a virtue, because the sun is slowly beginning to peak out and the tourists are stepping out of their bungalows for a bite to eat. I've made a dash to the internet cafe now, because its now much quieter!
.
I think I may go out and kayak, even if it is in the rain. Will still be fun.

Love to all.
K
.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when are you patient?

12:55 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Keep the photos coming please!

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, alternatively, you could have just clicked 'other' and written your name in the name box! :)xx

3:35 PM  
Blogger KateOnTheGo said...

Anonymous - i am afraid you have got me very very wrong.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home