Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sunshine

.
Well today there is sunshine! Lots of it. And the heat is also back with a vengence. I ran out of suncream yesterday so today I went to the mini mart and paid a staggering 500 baht for 30+ SPF. That is about 18 dollars australian!!!! Yikes. Things are incredibly out of proportion here. I have paid 750 baht per night for accommodation and nearly matched that for a bottle of suncream. Beers are about 60 baht, around 3 dollars, and then you can pay only 80 baht for a freah barracuda for a meal. Craziness.
.
Last night was the first night where I was a little homesick. My clothes smell of damp and I cant get rid of it. The rain was annoying and the book I purchased had a crappy ending, making yesterday's read-a-thon a waste of time! I am also getting a bit worried about the money situation because I have spent more than I should. I really really want to snorkel again this afternoon but I am not sure I will because of the cost. I know that I will regret it if I dont go though.
.
Anyway, I'm going out to get myself some Vitamin D (or is it E that you get from the sun... i think its E).
.
.

2 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

"Time on earth one can`t earn, but money?" (ardie 1978)
Enjoy yourself! money will come when you are back in work, plenty of time for that later!:o)) enjoy yourself, "what the hell! give the cat a goldfish,"

11:41 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Hey, You're a backpacker now! Home is where you lay your head to rest at night. Enjoy it - smelly clothes are part of the experience. If it makes you feel better, my clothes always smell damp...

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home