Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Legs Eleven!!!

What does a girl do when she is unemployed and has nothing else to do?

She goes to BINGO!

Thats right, ladies and gentlemen, today I woke up, got ready and off I went with a couple of mates to the local club's bingo day!

Yes, laugh away, I dont care - I completely underestimated the skill required for this game. You try and have up to one hundred numbers thrown at you at a rate of one number per second, and see how you go!!!

Sadly, I didnt win, and was bitterly disappointed having left the club without a meat tray, or voucher, but nevermind - there's always next week!

Why be skiing in one of the world's greatest ski resorts when you can be right here in Australia sitting amongst 50 elderly (and a few young ones) ticking numbers in boxes?

5 Comments:

Blogger Overboard said...

Hahahhaha.. that's too funny.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Now you're really living! Try lawn bowls next...

No, the elderly are cool...

9:19 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Tee Hee! Do Legal eagles actually go to Bingo? I was shocked when my doctor told me he was Ill, doctors never get Ill? Like Lawyers never go to Bingo, Do they? do they really, Tee Hee. Enjoy the Busom of your family while you can Kate! and definitely spend some time on an ocean going boat, preferably somewhere warm, like Aus,get a crewing job for a couple of weeks to see if you like it. JMHO Rob

9:21 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

LOL! It is, indeed, a game of skill! I can vouch. I've been to Bingo only once in my life. I didn't win - but it was a technicallity, I swear!! You see, when I got all the numbers right - and then realized it - I got so excited that I started jumping up and down and yelling gibberish. But....I...never...once...yelled...out...BINGO!!!!!! And so I did NOT win!!! Not fair, not fair at all, I say!

Of course, as I recall, I had consumed copious amounts of alcohol!! Anyway, I was thanked profusely (by the entire hall actually - I think a standing ovation was involved!) for the very lively and unusual entertainment I had provided (I think some of them are still laughing, eventho this was years ago!!)

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob, that is not a bad suggestion about the crewing job... may look into I think.

As for Bingo, I was on a table with some pretty serious Bingo players, so everytime I tried to talk in the middle of the game, i'd get a really dirty look thrown my way. Apparently there is such thing as "Bingo Etiquette". What the?!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home